Universal Account Number Activation (UAN Status)
Universal Account Number is very easy to check in this modern time.In now a days it is very easier to check your EPF balance by Universal Account Number (UAN).Universal Account Number is a 12 digit number which is alloted to the employee of the organisation.UAN is allot to each employee of the company by the EPFO.It cannot change when the employee change the company, it remains the same.Employees have to submit all the required documents to get the UAN number.If any of the employee not get his or her UAN number than the employee can check the UAN number by itself at the official website of the EPFO.The idea is to link multiple Member Identification Numbers allotted to a single member under single Universal Account Number.This will help the member to view details of all the Member Identification Numbers which are linked to it.epf balance status online also you can check it by clicking on it as this is very much simple also.
UAN number is very important to all the employees of the company.There are many employees of the organisations who did not get there UAN number than they get there UAN by the online method.The biggest advantage of the UAN is that it never changes while the employee changing the job.It is valid for the lifetime and it stills the same for the lifetime.
Employees can check the UAN status only by the official portal of the UAN.You have to get ready with the 12 digit EPF number.The steps for checking the UAN status is given below:
- First of all, employee have to the EPFO Portal, Click Here for the EPFO Portal.
- Then the employee have to select the state and EPF region of the employee from the drop down menu.
- After you selecting your state and the first two columns automatically filled in,
- After this, there is a need of Establishment code and there is link which will help you to get Establishment code easily , Click here to get Establishment Code.
- After getting establishment code ,click on the Check Status button to check that UAN is allotted to the employee or not.There will a pop up message shown on the screen which shows the UAN is allotted to the employee or not.
- The pop up message shows that your UAN number is allotted to the EPF member ID.
- The candidate have to fill the necessary details like :
- Member name
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Confirm password
- Enter the Captcha Code
8. After filling all the details employee have to click on the Get Pin button and you will get the pin on your registered mobile number which you give to the company or to organisation.
How to Activate Universal Account Number (UAN)
The employee gets the UAN online than the employee have to register the EPF UAN number.For registering the UAN then the candidate have to go to the official website activate this registration, Click here for Registration.
After the registration process, employee can create a login id and set a password for the EPFO UAN ID and then you can easily UAN number and easily handle all the money facilities at the EPFO portal.You have to submit the above details to activate the UAN number and after getting the pin, enter it and submit to get EPF UAN.Once it is activate,it can also you come in handy while knowing your EPF Claim Status.
The Universal Account Number scheme is to minimise the dependency on employers.Employees can get various information regarding to their EPFO account without any guidance or approaching the employer.If any of the employees having multiple EPF numbers then he cannot generate multiple UAN numbers because EPFO UAN system does not allow to generate multiple UAN numbers.Employee can check the UAN status by the above procedure.